Dear WMHA Players and Parents,
As we are seeing an increase in COVID-19 cases in the Province, we felt this was an opportune time to remind the WMHA membership of our safety protocols, as well as outline how potential exposures to COVID-19 will be handled by the WMHA. We also want to say thank you to our Safeties, team officials, and players for adhering to our safety procedures – its been looking really great at Meadow Park!
Safety protocol reminders:
– All players must complete and pass the TeamSnap health questionnaire before entering Meadow Park Sports Centre.
– Players that exhibit signs of COVID-19 or other illness are not allowed to participate in WMHA activities. We recommend they complete the BC COVID-19 Self Assessment Tool; this tool provides up to date guidance and recommendations for testing and follow-up.
– Players that begin to exhibit signs of COVID-19 or other illness while at an WMHA activity are asked to tell the Safety Person immediately. They will be given a mask and the parents guardians will be notified immediately to pick them up.
Procedure if a player or team official is exposed to, or tests positive, for COVID-19:
– VCH will assess the risk of the exposure to WMHA players and team officials.
– If VCH felt WMHA players and team officials were at risk, they would contact the WMHA to obtain contact information for those at risk or would request our assistance in distributing information to those affected.
– VCH will contact the WMHA immediately if they felt it was unsafe to continue WMHA activities due to an exposure and the WMHA would cancel practices/games/tryouts as needed.
If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to reach out.
Thanks so much,