Children with International Birth Certificates
Please note, this process can take time and can delay start date, please fill out ASAP.
A member who was not born in Canada (even though he is a Canadian Citizen and may never have played hockey in the past) is required to have an International Ice Hockey Federation (IIHF) transfer approved before being eligible to participate in playing hockey in Canada.
Parents need to provide the items required below in order to obtain the approval. Attached are the forms for the last 3 documents listed.
- Player registation Form 141
- Proof of residence – 2 pieces
- Birth Certificate
- Proof of Status in Canada (Canadian citizenship, passport, Permanent Residency)
- IIHF Letter of approval or IIHF Unlimited International Transfer Card
Confirmation of school registration for current season
Proof of primary medical coverage (BC Services card)
- Letter of support from homestay parents if player’s parents are not with him in Canada