Children with International Birth Certificates

Please note, this process can take time and can delay start date, please fill out ASAP.

A member who was not born in Canada (even though he is a Canadian Citizen and may never have played hockey in the past) is required to have an  International Ice Hockey Federation (IIHF) transfer approved before being eligible to participate in playing hockey in Canada.

Parents need to provide the items required below in order to obtain the approval. Attached are the forms for the last 3 documents listed.

  • Player registation Form 141
  • Proof of residence – 2 pieces
  • Passport
  • Birth Certificate
  • Proof of Status in Canada (Canadian citizenship, passport, Permanent Residency)
  • IIHF Letter of approval or IIHF Unlimited International Transfer Card
  • Confirmation of school registration for current season
  • Proof of primary medical coverage (BC Services card)
  • Letter of support from homestay parents if player’s parents are not with him in Canada

Please click on each item to download the forms required before registration is complete.

Once complete, please send to to start the process

International Transfer

International Transfer Card

Rink Location

Meadow Park Sports Centre is located 4 kilometres north of Whistler Village and is easily accessible from a number of ways.

Contact Info

Whistler Minor Hockey Association
P.O. Box 1369
Whistler, BC, Canada
V0N 1B0