International Exchange Students
Please note, this process can take time and can delay start date, please fill out ASAP.
All parents must provide the required forms and supporting documentation and email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Forms can be filled electronically. If you choose to fill them by hand, please scan them. PCAHA do not accept photos.
Applications for registration, including all items listed below, must be completed and submitted as a package to the Registrar. The approval process must go through multiple amateur hockey governing bodies, including IIHF and your home club, as well as all bodies of Canadian Amateur Hockey which govern Whistler Minor Hockey Association.
All levels of approval must be received, and an approval letter must be issued by BC Hockey before an international student player can roster with WMHA. Players who have not received final approval are not permitted on the ice.
Under the U18 program, international students will be permitted to play at the "C" level (competitive recreation) only. Players wishing to play at the "A" (representative) level are not eligible under this transfer program.
Applicants should begin the application process at the same time they confirm their upcoming enrollment in a local school, and not later than May 1st to be qualified for the season startup in September.
- USA to Canada Letter of Approval for Minor or IIHF Letter of Approval (LOA)
- Move without Parent form
- Out of Country Primary Medical Insurance Waiver
- Photocopy of Passport and Birth Certificate
- Copy of Student Visa issued by Citizenship and Immigration Canada
- Copy of School Registration for Exchange in BC
- Letter of Support from Parents
- Letter from player's Canadian guardian(s) acknowledging that they authorize the player to participate in WMHA
- Proof of local residence from the Canadian guardians where the player will be residing. (to be provided by the Host Guardian(s), same format as required of all players to prove residency, as per PCAHA rules).
- Letter of Support from District Association
- PCAHA Application for Player Movement form, if the player has previously played ice hockey anywhere within IIHF.
- PCAHA Player Registration Certificate application form
- Letter of support from Whistler Minor Hockey Association, will be issued by WMHA President once all other documents are submitted to WMHA Registrar.
*Application does not guarantee acceptance in the event that a team is already filled with returning players, and there is not another team appropriate to the player's age and skill level.
Please contact the WMHA Registrar, email@example.com to initiate the registration process. WMHA fees must be paid at time of initial registration.